Sunday 10 March 2013

Surface Pattern Design Try Outs In A Fashion Based Context

I have been experimenting with various surface pattern designs to see how they appear as the print on dresses. This is because, as I have mentioned in a previous post, I am planning to make my garment from the Vogue pattern out of digitally printed fabric.

Below are a few test examples.  They are not complete by any means as I am continuing to experiment with different scales and positioning of the repeat pattern on the dress fronts.

Feedback would be appreciated.






As you will see two of the photographs have been repeated. In the first case this is because I have used the same surface pattern design in two differing scales and have also changed where the repeat is shown on the dress front and in the second case the surface pattern design has been inverted.

No comments:

Post a Comment